A foaming cleanser specially formulated for sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin. This gentle and effective acne face wash eliminates impurities, excess sebum and lifts dirt away. The Effaclar Foaming Gel cleanser respects the skin’s PH balance so there is no disruption to the skin’s natural balance.
200ml tube / 400ml pump dispenser
Properties and Features
SKIN TYPE: Oily Skin, Acne-prone skin, Sensitive Skin
A gentle formula that is pH 5.5 – the average PH value of the skin’s surface. This foaming face wash targets the causes of acne whilst also promoting the long-term healthy skin.
The two active ingredients in Effaclar Foaming Cleanser are ideal for oily, acne-prone skin and work together to reduce sebum, oil, redness, and irritation.
▪ Thermal Spring Water – a pure, naturally occurring water rich in mineral trace elements, sourced from the La Roche Posay region in the Vienne countryside in France. This soothing, anti-inflammatory, selenium rich water relieves irritation and speeds skin repair. Additionally, the high silicates in the thermal water softens, soothes and protects skin.
▪ Zinc PCA is a trace element with anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antifungal properties which helps to fight the bacteria that cause acne. Zinc PCA also reduces sebum production which reduces the cause of breakouts, pimples and blackheads without impairing the skin barrier.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
▪ Paraben Free
▪ Alcohol Free
▪ Colourant Free
▪ Soap Free
▪ Oil Free
▪ Dermatologically Tested
Effaclar products have been rigorously tested to ensure they are suitable for sensitive skin.
A 2016 survey of 249 respondents in the UK found that 9/10 dermatologists would recommend La Roche-Posay Effaclar for oily, spot-prone skin.
The foaming cleanser has a clear formula with a lightweight gel texture which lathers into a white foam on the skin.
Effaclar Foaming Gel is proven to reduce the visibility of spots and blackheads and control shine. A cleanser for oily skin that gently removes dirt, oil and bacteria leaving skin feeling clean, fresh, smooth and soft.
Get your personalised acne diagnosis with Spot Scan – powered by artificial intelligence.
25% reduction in blackheads
16% reduction in sebum
*Clinical study led by Prof. G.E. Pierard (CHU Liège). 30 patients with mild to moderate combined acne, not using any acne treatment. 2 daily utilisations (morning and evening) for 1 month. Clinical and biometrological measurements at D0 and D28 by dermatologist in charge of investigation.
How To Use
▪ Wet face first with lukewarm water.
▪ Apply a small amount of the gel.
▪ Massage gently into the skin to form a lather.
▪ Rinse thoroughly with water.
▪ Use morning and evening as a daily cleanser to ▪ Can also be used 1-3 times a week as a purifying pore cleanser.
▪ The 400ml pump bottle is perfect for use in the shower on the face and body.
▪ Follow with the next step in the Effaclar 3 Step Skin Care System – The Serozinc Face Toning Mist which reduces shine and soothes redness and irritation.
La Roche-Posay recommends
Your Effaclar routine
The right gestures for your skin.
Ingredients | Fil code : B32025/1
- AQUA / WATER
- SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE
- HEXYLENE GLYCOL
- SODIUM CHLORIDE
- PEG-120 METHYL GLUCOSE DIOLEATE
- ZINC PCA
- SODIUM HYDROXIDE
- CITRIC ACID
- SODIUM BENZOATE
- CAPRYLYL GLYCOL
- PARFUM / FRAGRANCE
Our safety commitments
Safety standards beyond international cosmetics regulations.
One prerequisite = Zero allergic reactions.
If we detect a single case, we go back to the labs and reformulate.
Just the essential,
at the right active dose
Developed in collaboration with dermatologists
and toxicologists, our products contain only the necessary
ingredients, at the right active dose.
on very sensitive skin
Our products’ tolerance is verified on the most sensitive skin:
reactive, allergic, acne-prone, atopic, damaged or weakened
by cancer treatments.
We select the most protective packaging associated with only
the necessary preservatives, to guarantee intact tolerance
and efficacy over time.