A corrective moisturiser that hydrates the skin and targets blemishes, imperfections and marks.
40ml nozzle tube
Properties and Features
Ideal for oily, imperfection-prone skin with clogged pores.
A dual-action pimple cream that targets acne prone & congested skin. This acne cream exfoliates dead skin and excess sebum, reduces redness, spots and breakouts, stimulates cell renewal and targets skin imperfections.
Effaclar Duo (+) acne moisturiser contains a unique formula of active ingredients to address the key cause and effects of acne; clogged pores, bacteria and inflammation, acne marks, and dry irritated skin.
Salicylic Acid (SA) is derived from willow bark and is oil soluble, meaning it can penetrate deep into pores and oils to break up dead skin cells and debris. Salicylic acid helps to dissolve blackheads, whiteheads and blocked pores.
LHA (Lipohydroxy acid) has skin renewing and exfoliating properties and has also been associated with dermal thickening by stimulating collagen and elastic production.The chemical exfoliants in Effaclar Duo + help to remove excess sebum, reopen clogged pores and reduce blackheads, pimples and tender lumps.
Bacteria and Inflammation
Zinc PCA regulates sebum to mattify the complexion and control shine and reduce the oil secretion that can trap bacteria that causes pimples. Zinc has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which reduce the spread of acne causing infection and soothes irritated skin. Additionally, the Pioctone olamine in Effaclar Duo formula also ensures there is no bacteria left inside pores. Salicylic acid and Niacinamide also act as anti-inflammatory agents.
Acne Marks & Scars
▪ Niacinamide (vitamin B₃) brightens skin, reduces redness and helps to fade acne marks that have been left after a breakout.
▪ Procerad™ is a ceramide which helps prevent the red, brown and purple marks.
▪ Mannose helps to rebalance the microbiome, reduce inflammation, and stimulate cellular turnover.
These three Effaclar Duo ingredients work together to help lighten scars and marks caused by acne.
Dry, Acne Prone Skin
Glycerin is a humectant and draws moisture into the epidermis to form a protective layer, prevent moisture loss and balance hydration levels. Glycerin does not clog pores or add oils to the skin, which makes the ingredient suitable for acne prone skin and Effaclar Duo.
DOES NOT CONTAIN
● Paraben Free
● Preservative Free
● Soap Free
● Oil Free
● Lanolin Free
● Alcohol Free
● Fragrance Free (?)
● Allergy Tested
Dual action: reduces the number and severity of blemishes and clears blackheads/whiteheads
Immediately: Skin is hydrated and mattified.
After 12 hours*: Redness and the appearance of imperfections is reduced.
After 8 days**: Imperfections are visibly reduced.
Effaclar Duo (+) has a lightweight, smooth, hydrating, gel-cream texture which spreads evenly, and absorbs quickly without feeling sticky or oily.
Ideal for oily skin, slightly congested skin, to acne prone and cystic acne.
This acne cream is formulated for sensitive skin, with gentle, proven ingredients, without the harsh ingredients that can further strip and irritate skin. Effaclar Duo (+) can be used to imrpove skin tone, reduce breakout recurrence, targets spots and promote long term healthy skin.
Find your personalised anti-acne regime with Effaclar Spot Scan Skin Diagnosis.
*Instrumental test, results from 12h, 43 subjects.
** Cosmetoclinical study - 38 subjects.
▪ Mannose: Helps stimulate cellular turnover
▪ Piroctone Olamine: Reduces brown and red marks.
▪ Niacinamide: Vitamin B3 soothes and reduces redness
▪ LHA and salicylic acid: Slough away dead skin cells
▪ Zinc PCA: Helps balance oiliness
The Australian Effaclar Duo (+) product does not contain micronized benzoyl peroxide.
How To Use
2. Apply a thin layer to the whole face every morning and evening. Only a small amount of cream is needed.
3. Avoid getting this product in your eyes, nose or mouth, or on any broken skin as this may cause irritation. If contact occurs, rinse the area immediately and thoroughly.
4. Apply Effaclar Duo (+) to help hydrate the skin, target pimples and reduce breakout recurrences.
La Roche-Posay recommends
Your Effaclar routine
The right gestures for your skin.
Ingredients | Fil code : B214027/1
- AQUA / WATER
- ISOCETYL STEARATE
- ISOPROPYL LAUROYL SARCOSINATE
- AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE
- METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER
- POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE
- SORBITAN OLEATE
- ZINC PCA
- GLYCERYL STEARATE SE
- SODIUM HYDROXIDE
- MYRISTYL MYRISTATE
- ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE
- POLOXAMER 338
- DISODIUM EDTA
- CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID
- CAPRYLYL GLYCOL
- VITREOSCILLA FERMENT
- XANTHAN GUM
- POLYSORBATE 80
- ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER
- SALICYLIC ACID
- PIROCTONE OLAMINE
- PARFUM / FRAGRANCE
Our safety commitments
Safety standards beyond international cosmetics regulations.
One prerequisite = Zero allergic reactions.
If we detect a single case, we go back to the labs and reformulate.
Just the essential,
at the right active dose
Developed in collaboration with dermatologists
and toxicologists, our products contain only the necessary
ingredients, at the right active dose.
on very sensitive skin
Our products’ tolerance is verified on the most sensitive skin:
reactive, allergic, acne-prone, atopic, damaged or weakened
by cancer treatments.
We select the most protective packaging associated with only
the necessary preservatives, to guarantee intact tolerance
and efficacy over time.