Water is an essential element of our skin and it's important to keep our skin hydrated on a daily basis.
Dehydrated skin is skin that lacks water. This dehydration manifests itself in several ways:
- The skin lacks suppleness
- It looks dull and lacks radiance
- It is uncomfortable and lines caused by moisture loss appear
When water is lacking
The cause of dehydrated skin is an alteration in the skin’s barrier function, which may be of external origin (owing to environmental factors, etc.) or which may also be due to an endogenous alteration (problems with the skin’s constituent elements, impaired hydrolipidic film).
To care for dehydrated skin and prevent the symptoms from taking hold or getting worse, a few daily steps can be taken:
- Remove make-up gently to avoid attacking the epidermis
- Every day apply a moisturiser to maintain an adequate level of hydration, restore the corneal layer’s barrier function and protect the skin from UV rays. You should also apply a daily sun screen. Choose a texture that suits your skin type, the season or the environment.