Do you have sensitive, irritated skin that is hyper-reactive? Read below expert tips and advice on how to improve everyday comfort of delicate skin.
An extreme skin reaction
Sensitive skin is more vulnerable to outside attacks and is characterised by an extreme reaction to factors that are normally well tolerated. It can be recognised by certain signs, with varying degrees of severity. For example, the skin suffers from redness and prickling, it feels tight, hot or itchy, and burning sensations can also be experienced.
There is not one but several types of sensitive skin
Various factors, both isolated and combined, can explain the reasons behind this sensitivity. The causes may be:
- vascular. Linked to the fragility of blood vessel walls, under the influence of certain external factors like eating spices or drinking alcohol.
- environmental. The wind, dryness, the cold or pollution can lead to prickling or burning sensations.
- contact. A skin reaction can be triggered by applying something that contains a poorly tolerated ingredient. This can be the case with hard water for example.
- atopic. Skin that suffers from this type of eczema is predisposed to hyper-reactivity.
Objective: to moisturize the skin and reduce its sensitivity
Certain steps are essential to taking care for intolerant skin and bringing it everyday comfort:
- Cleanse the skin gently using products that respect the physiological balance of the epidermis
- Use facial skincare products for sensitive skin
- a soothing toner as the first step to refresh the skin in the morning and to finish off your make-up
- Use thermal spring water rich in selenium
- Opt for hypoallergenic make-up that moisturises the skin and reduces its sensitivity