Thank you for accessing www.laroche-posay.com.au (the "Website"). Please read these terms and conditions (the "Terms") before using the Website which is operated by LA ROCHE POSAY a brand of L'Oréal Australia Pty Limited (ABN 40 004 191 673), whose registered office is at 564 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004 ("L'Oréal"). By using the Website, you signify your acceptance of the Terms in consideration of which L'Oréal provides you with access. From time to time L'Oréal may modify the Terms. Accordingly, please continue to review the Terms whenever accessing or using the Website. Your use of the Website following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the Terms as changed. If at any time you do not wish to accept the Terms, you may not use the Website. From time to time L'Oréal may run competitions and promotions via the Website. Separate terms and conditions will be posted where applicable governing such competitions and promotions.
1. NO RELIANCE
While L'Oréal has endeavoured to ensure the accuracy of the information accessed via the Website, L'Oréal does not guarantee or give any warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any information or material on the Website.
There may be links that will let you leave this Website or that will let you access this Website from third party sites. Linked third party sites are not under the control of L'Oréal and L'Oréal is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site or any link contained in such a linked site. Existence of links to other third party sites is not an endorsement by L'Oréal in favour of such site or the products or services contained in any linked site. To the extent that this Website contains links to or may be accessed from outside services and resources, the availability and content of which L'Oréal does not control, any concerns regarding any such service or resource or any link thereto should be directed to the particular outside service or resource.
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The Website, including (but not limited to) text, content, software, video, music, sound, graphics, photographs, illustrations, artwork, photographs, names, logos, trade marks, service marks and other material ("Content") is protected by copyright, trade mark and/or other proprietary rights. The Content includes both content owned or controlled by L'Oréal and content owned or controlled by third parties and licensed to L'Oréal. All individual articles, reports, and other elements making up the Website may be copyright works. You agree to abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in the Website.
You may not use any of L'Oréal's trademarks or trade names without L'Oréal's prior express written consent and you acknowledge that you have no ownership rights in and to any of those names and marks.
You agree to notify L'Oréal in writing promptly upon becoming aware of any unauthorised access to or use of the Website by any party or of any claim that the Website or any of the contents of the Website infringes any copyright, trade mark, or other contractual, statutory or common law rights of any party.
4. LICENCE AND DOWNLOAD RIGHTS
You acquire no rights or licences in or to the Website and/or the Content other than the limited right to use the Website in accordance with these Terms and to download on the terms set out in this section. Other than as set out in this section you may not copy, reproduce, recompile, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, distribute, publish, display, perform, modify, upload to create derivative works from, transmit, or in any other way exploit any part of the Website.
Download of Content from the Website is permitted by L'Oréal provided only that:
(i) you make no more than one printed copy of such download and no further copies of such printed copy are made;
(ii) you make only personal, non-commercial use of such download and/or printed copy; and
(iii) you retain on such download and/or printed copy all copyright notices and shall remain bound by the terms of such wording and notices. Additionally, you may not offer for sale or sell or distribute over any other medium (including distribution by over-the-air television or radio broadcast or distribution on a computer network) the Content or any part thereof. You may not make any part of the Website available as part of another website, whether by hyperlink framing on the internet or otherwise. The Website and the information contained therein may not be used to construct a database of any kind, nor may the Website be stored (in its entirety or in any part) in databases for access by you or any third party or to distribute any database websites containing all or part of the Website.
If you would like information about obtaining L'Oréal's permission to use any of the Content or if you would like to link your website to the Website, email your enquiry to L'Oreal Consumer Affairs Department at 564 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004 or by telephone on 1300 659 359 or by email [email protected]
6. NO WARRANTY
The Website and the Content are provided "as is". L'Oréal excludes all guarantees and warranties of any kind, either express or implied, to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law including (but not limited to) the exclusion of guarantees and warranties of title, merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of proprietary or third party rights. L'Oréal further accepts no responsibility or liability for functions contained on the Website and makes no guarantees or warranties that the Website will operate uninterrupted or error-free or that defects will be corrected. Please note that some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied guarantees and warranties, so some or all of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
L'Oréal does not warrant that the Website is compatible with your computer equipment or that the Website or its server is free of errors or viruses, worms or "Trojan horses" and L'Oréal is not liable for any damage you may suffer as a result of such destructive features.
L'Oréal shall not be held responsible for Content provided by third parties. L'Oréal is also not responsible for the reliability or continued availability of the telephone lines and equipment you use to access the Website.
These Terms do not affect your statutory rights or your legal rights as a consumer. Where terms are implied by statute, they are excluded to the extent permissible by law. If they cannot be excluded, L'Oréal's liability will (where permissible by law) be limited to:
- in the case of the supply of goods: the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, or the repair of the goods, or the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods, or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired, at L'Oréal's election; and
- in the case of the provision of services: the supplying of the services again, or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again, at L'Oréal's election.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You acknowledge that your use of the Website, including the Content, is at your own risk. If you are dissatisfied with the Website, the Terms, or any or the Content, your sole remedy is to discontinue use of the Website.
To the extent permitted by law, L'Oréal excludes all liability to you and all third parties for any direct, special, indirect, consequential or incidental costs, losses, expenses and damages, exemplary or lost profits, or any other damages of any kind incurred in any way (including negligence), even if L'Oréal has been advised of the possibility thereof, connected with any use or access to the Website.
8. LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS
The Website is not directed at any person in any jurisdiction where for any reason the publication or availability of the Website is prohibited. Those in respect of whom such prohibitions apply must not access the Website.
L'Oréal does not represent that either the Website or the Content are appropriate for use or permitted by local laws in all jurisdictions. Those who access the Website do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws or regulations; legal advice should be sought in cases of doubt.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless each of L'Oréal, its employees, representatives and agents, from and against any claims, actions, demands or other proceedings brought against any of L'Oréal, its employees, representatives or agents, by a third party, to the extent that such claim, suit, action or other proceeding brought against L'Oréal, its employees, representatives, suppliers, or agents is based on or arises in connection with:
(i) your use of the Website;
(ii) any breach by you of the Terms;
(iii) a claim that any use of the Website by you:
(a) infringes any intellectual property rights of any third party, or any right of personality or publicity, or
(b) is libellous or defamatory, or otherwise results in injury or damage to any third party;
(iv) any deletions, additions, insertions, or alterations to, or any unauthorised use of, the Website by you; or
(v) any misrepresentation or breach of representation or warranty made by you.
References in this section of the Terms to your use of the Website shall be deemed to include any use by a third party where such third party accesses the Website using your computer.
You agree to pay L'Oréal, its employees, representatives and agents any and all costs, damages, and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) awarded against any of them or otherwise incurred by any of them in connection with or arising from any such third party claim, suit, action or proceeding attributable to any such third party claim.
L'Oréal has the right to terminate or suspend operation of the Website, for any or no reason, without notice and without liability.
11. CHANGES TO THE WEBSITE
You accept that L'Oréal has the right to change the content or technical specifications of any aspect of the Website at any time at L'Oréal's sole discretion. You further accept that such changes may result in your being unable to access the Website.
12. TRANSMISSION AND FEEDBACK OF INFORMATION
You are prohibited from transmitting to or from this Website any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory or pornographic material or other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under law.
You agree that L'Oréal may use and/or disclose information about your demographics and use of the Website in a manner that does not reveal your identity.
13. SEVERANCE & WAIVER
If any provision of the Terms is found to be invalid by any court having jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of the Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of the Terms shall be deemed a continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
14. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
Except as provided herein, the Terms are the entire agreement between us relating to the Website and supersede any prior understanding or agreements (written or oral).
15. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
The Terms are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
16. PRODUCT REVIEW / TESTIMONIAL GUIDELINES
Please respect the La Roche-Posay community by submitting reviews of products you have genuinely tried, in accordance with their instructions.
Note: La Roche-Posay will consider all reviews submitted. Both positive and negative reviews may be published. However, if a review breaches the Terms of Participation, La Roche-Posay reserves the right to refrain from publishing the review.
TERMS OF WEBSITE PARTICIPATION
1. The Website contains interactive components allowing you to submit reviews to the Website.
2. By submitting any content to the Website, you:
a. grant L'Oréal and other persons authorised by L'Oréal a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual licence, including a right of sub-licence, to use, adapt, publish and reproduce that content for any purpose; and
b.consent to your content (such as your reviews or testimonials submitted to the Website) being used, reproduced, published and modified, without any compensation, by L'Oréal for the purposes of marketing activities and materials, including publication of your age and country, state or territory where you live.
3. L'Oréal reserves the right to moderate anything you submit to the Website, for whatever reason, including by: a. not displaying on the Website; b. deleting from the Website; and c. modifying or reformatting.
4. L'Oréal reserves the right to restrict or terminate your use of the Website in its sole discretion.
5. Any exercise of L'Oréal’s rights under these terms does not give rise to, or constitute an admission of, liability to any person.
6. You release L'Oréal from any liability or claim that may arise in connection with the use (including publication) of any content disclosed to L'Oréal.
7. By accessing and using the Website, you agree that you will not:
a. submit any material which may be false, misleading or deceptive in any way;
b. submit any content which is illegal or for an illegal purpose;
c. submit any material which is defamatory, libellous or may cause injury to the reputation of anyone;
d. submit any material which is indecent, offensive, or is otherwise inappropriate;
e. harass or threaten other users of the Website;
f. misrepresent who you are or act in a manner which may reasonably mislead any person regarding your identity;
g. submit any material for, or in connection, with any financial incentive from anyone;
h. submit any material which is the personal or private information of a person;
i. submit material which is confidential;
j. tamper with, or interfere with the security features of, the Website;
k. create more than one user profile per person; and
l. attempt to re-establish a user profile if your profile has been terminated;
m. do anything which would violate any applicable laws, whether local or international.
La Roche-Posay Skin Quiz Competition December 2017 Terms & Conditions
La Roche-Posay Skin Quiz Competition December 2017 - Conditions of Entry
Promoter: L'Oreal Australia Pty Ltd ABN 40 004 191 673, 564 St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004 Australia, PH: 03 8680 0000.
Start date: 20/12/17 at 09:00 am AEDT
End date: 05/02/18 at 11:59 pm AEDT
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must visit http://pages.e.larocheposay.com.au/skinprizepacks; and fully complete and submit the online entry form with their personal details (first name, last name, date of birth, email address, mobile number and full address) and the answer to the question "What is your main skin concern?" during the Promotional Period.
Only one (1) eligible entry per person will be accepted. The entrant is eligible to win a maximum of one (1) prize (excludes SA residents). By completing the entry method, the entrant will receive one (1) entry.
Total Prize Pool: AUD $2,500.00
The prize is a La Roche-Posay Skin skincare products pack, which includes products for the winner’s selected skin type on entry, up to the value of $250 (as per RRP in store). Exact inclusions in the pack to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
Number of this prize: 10
Value (per prize): AUD$250.00
Draw: computerised random selection - 12/02/18 at 02:30 pm AEDT
No part of this prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable.
The prizes will be delivered by mail.
Winner notification: The winners will be contacted by email within two (2) business days of the draw.
Unclaimed Prizes: Prize(s) must be claimed by 14/05/18 at 02:30 pm AEST. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 15/05/18 at 02:30 pm AEST at Plexus, Level 2, 35 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia. The winners of the redraw will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the redraw.
1. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
4. Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
a) The draw will take place at Plexus, Level 2, 35 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia at 02:30 pm AEDT on 12/02/18 using computerised random selection.
i) The first ten (10) valid entries drawn will be the winners of the prizes specified in the Schedule above.
b) The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
c) If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
6. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
7. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
8. The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
9. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
10. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
11. Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
14. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
15. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
16. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
17. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
18. All material submitted on entry (e.g. photo(s), image(s), drawing(s), comment(s), sound/video recording(s) and answer(s) to a promotional question) must NOT: (a) be in breach of any laws, regulations and rights, e.g. any laws regarding intellectual property (copyright, trademarks, etc), defamation and privacy; (b) be defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, contain nudity, aggressive, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable or discriminate/vilify any section of the community with respect to race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, origin, sexual preference, mental illness, disability or gender or unsuitable for publication; or (c) contain viruses. Entrants warrant that they own or have the right to license the copyright in any entry submitted by them into this Promotion, for the purposes of this Promotion, that no rights have been granted to any third party in respect of any such entry which would prevent the entry being used as contemplated by this Promotion, and that the use by the Promoter of any such entry will not breach any laws or infringe the rights of any person (including without limitation with respect to privacy, intellectual property and defamation). Entrants must obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their entry. By entering, all entrants license and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (including any portion of their entry) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants further agree, upon request by the Promoter, to assign all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter and to sign any legal documentation to confirm such assignment. Entrants agree that their entry is their original work and does not infringe the rights of third parties, or that they have obtained full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the aforementioned material. Entrants consent to any use of their entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights. Entrants are responsible for all entries they submit on entry. The Promoter will not be liable for any entries, to the extent permitted by law. The Promoter reserves the right to remove, request removal or decline to publish any entry or portion of an entry for any reason whatsoever, including if in breach of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter will have no liability to entrants if it exercises this right and entrants must comply with any request made by the Promoter pursuant to this paragraph.The entrant warrants and represents that any material sent or provided by the entrant to the Promoter will not infringe any copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party (including moral rights) and that the entrant has all rights to use the materials and has obtained all necessary consents to comply with any relevant privacy and/or confidentiality requirements. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the Terms and Conditions including this clause.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
21. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
22. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
23. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
24. Authorised under: NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/20784